The Royal Belgian Amateur Radio Union (UBA vzw - UBA asbl) respects individual privacy and value the confidence of its visitors, partners and others. Royal Belgian Amateur Radio Union (UBA vzw - UBA asbl) is committed to upholding the highest ethical standards in its practices.
What are Cookies?
Cookies are small text files that are sent to or accessed from your web browser or your computer's hard drive. A cookie typically contains the name of the domain (internet location) from which the cookie originated, the “lifetime” of the cookie (i.e., when it expires) and a randomly generated unique number or similar identifier. A cookie also may contain information about your computer, such as user settings, browsing history and activities conducted while using our services.
Cookies help us improve the Site and your experience thereon by customizing your experience, helping us analyze usage, technical and browsing metrics as well as detecting and preventing fraud.
What kind of cookies do we use?
First party and third party cookies
- First-party cookies and Third-party cookies are different types of cookies:
- First-party cookies are placed on your device directly by Royal Belgian Amateur Radio Union (UBA vzw - UBA asbl). For example, we use first-party cookies to adapt our website to your device or language preferences and to secure your use of Site.
- Third-party cookies are placed on your device by our third-party partners and service providers. For example, we use third-party cookies to analyze the audience on our Site.
Session and persistent cookies
- Session cookies and Persistent cookies are also different types of cookies.
- Session cookies only last from the moment they are placed on your browser until the moment when you close your browser. We use session cookies for a variety of purposes, including to learn more about your use of our Site during one single browser session and to help you to use our Site more efficiently.
- Persistent cookies have a longer lifespan and are not automatically deleted when you close your web browser. These types of cookies are primarily used for analytical purposes.
To these purposes, we also may link information from cookies with other personal information we hold about you. When you visit our Site, some or all of the following types of cookies may be set on your device. Cookies, like all technologies, can be swiftly replaced by more secure and performant cookies. We will use our best efforts to keep this summary table accurate and up-to-date.
These cookies are strictly necessary to provide you with services available through our Site and to secure our Site:
|uba.be||flash||30 days||Flash messages|
|uba.be||consent_status||365 days||For cookie consent|
We have been choosing to include Google Analytics cookies on some of our pages:
|third party||_ga||2 years||Analytics used to distinguish users||Google Opt-Out|
|third party||_gid||24 hours||Analytics used to distinguish users||Google Opt-Out|
|third party||_gat||1 minute||Analytics used to distinguish users||Google Opt-Out|
Your choices regarding cookies
You may exercise your choices regarding cookies. Please note that changes you make to your cookie preferences may prevent all or part of our Site from functioning as intended.
Browser and devices controls
Most web browsers provide settings that allow users to control or reject cookies or to alert users when a cookie is placed on their computer. The procedure for managing cookies is slightly different for each internet browser, so please check the specific steps in the “help” menu of your web browser. Since cookies are browser-specific, you may need to manage your cookies preferences across all the web browsers you use.
You also may be able to reject device identifiers by activating the appropriate setting on your mobile device, as available. The procedure for managing device identifiers is slightly different for each device, so please check the specific steps in the documentation relating to the device you use.
You can opt out of Google Analytics by visiting https://www.google.com/settings/ads or by downloading the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Updates to this Policy
We reserve the right to update this Cookies Policy from time to time in order to reflect any changes to our Sites or to comply with changes in our legal and/or regulatory obligations. We will post the revised version on the Site, with an updated revision date. Where such changes to our Cookies Policy are substantial, we will also notify you by other means prior to the changes taking effect, such as by sending you an email notification. By continuing to use our Site thirty days after such revisions are in effect, you will be deemed to accept and agree to the revisions and to abide by them.
If you have any question or would like to enquire about Groups.io’s Cookies practices and this Policy, please contact us at:
Royal Belgian Amateur Radio Union asbl
Rue de la Presse 4,